Free Temporary Space May Show 0 During Packet Capture
When packet-capture-advanced is run in continuous mode on an IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance, files are generated and rotated per the designated file size limit.
Removing these files while packet capture is running may not reclaim Free Temporary Space.
Symptoms may include:
- Out of temporary space errors
- Free Temporary Space at or near 0
- Packet capture files do not show in directory listing
When the packet capture is still running, it maintains an internal record of the files produced. Removing these files while packet capture is running may result in a mismatch between directory listing and available free space on temporary.
Resolving the problem
1. Avoid removing capture files while packet capture is still running.
2. Stop the packet capture - This sill reclaim the space.
3. Restart the system - This will stop all packet captures and reclaim temp file space.