Statistics fails on startup while presenting message including 'Error # 2084', 'The license for IBM SPSS Statistics is not valid on a computer running NT Terminal Server' and 'Specific symptom number: 88'.
Error 2084 Specific Symptom 88
1) Statistics workstation installations on computers running Terminal Server must be licensed using a Concurrent license via a Network License Manager.
2) If you have verified the license type from step 1 and the user is using a concurrent license, please check the license manger and verify the licenses are being distributed.
IBM SPSS Statistics must run on the physical machine on which it is installed. You
cannot use the DISPLAY environment variable to run SPSS Statistics from a remote machine.
To determine the value of the DISPLAY environment variable, execute the following Terminal command:
- If the response contains a colon (':') followed by a value that is equal to zero ('0'), then a Single/Site License can be used to license the product.
= If the response contains a colon (':') followed by a value that is not equal to zero ('0'), then a Concurrent license will be required to license the product.
Diagnosing the problem
The computer has either 'multiple simultaneous desktop sessions' or has the capability of 'multiple simultaneous desktop sessions'.
Resolving the problem
Resolution of the error 2084/symptom 88 requires exercise of at least one of the following two options:
1) Disable any operating system facility that allows remote access to the computer.
2) License the product using a Concurrent/Network license (not 'Site', 'Single' or 'Authorized User').