User unable to acknowledge the active event list with full administrator right.
Error seen on the Active Event List console:-
Failed to execute tool. Possible reasons are:
1. You do not have permission to modify the selected events.
2. The tool contained errors.
3. The Event List configuration has been modified by the administrator.
4. The server is in failover or failback.
The Event List will be resynschronized.
Resolving the problem
In TBSM, a user can view and modify events from the default TBSM Netcool/Omnibus ObjectServer but this user must have superuser privileges on the Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServer to edit the event on active event list(AEL)
Please follow the following procedure:-
1. Add users to the Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServer as described in the Netcool/OMNIbus Administration Guide.
Note: If you want a user to be able to modify the events in the AEL, the user must have AlertsUser or CatalogUser permissions on the Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServer. These permissions are part of the Normal user group in Netcool/OMNIbus.
Note: If you selected a Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServer as the default user repository when you installed TBSM, you can add users to the ObjectServer using the options available in the Manage Users page under Users and Groups.
2. Log in to the Tivoli Integrated Portal as a user with administration permissions.
3. In the left navigation pane click Users and Groups, and then click Group Roles.
4. Assign the following additional roles to the user's group so that the
user can view event lists.
Note: The tbsmViewRawEvents role is assigned to the tbsmAdmins and tbsmReadOnly groups during the installation of TBSM. The ncw_user role is assigned to the Netcool_OMNIbus_Admin and Netcool_OMNIbus_User groups during the installation of TBSM.
5. In order to modify events in the AEL, assign the netcool_rw role to a user's group.
Note: The netcool_rw role is assigned to the Netcool_OMNIbus_Admin group during the installation of TBSM