Summary description replaced by template's description
Summary field overwritten whenever a ticket template is applied
Whenever a ticket template is applied to a ticket, the ticket's Summary
field will be changed to the template's description (using the
Diagnosing the problem
Steps to recreate:
1. Create an incident ticket template. Include a description in the template. Activate and save the template.
2. Create a new incident ticket. Enter a description in the Summary field of the incident ticket. Save.
3. Apply the ticket template created in step 1
4. The Summary field of the incident ticket will be changed to the template's description.
Resolving the problem
If you do not want the description to be overwritten by ticket template's description, you can do the following :-
1. Go To -> System Configuration -> Platform Configuration -> Domains.
2. Filter for 'TKTEMPLATE' crossover domain and open the record.
3. In the list of crossover fields, find 'DESCRIPTION' and check 'No Overwrite?'.
4. Click OK.
When you apply ticket template to ticket record (e.g. SR, Incident etc) next time, the existing description will remain.
Translate this page: