ITNM Informix database is not starting and as a result ncp processes are not starting. The following error is observed:
"Windows could not start the Informix IDS ITNM services on local computer. Error 2: The system can't find the file specified".
Path to the executable in the Informix IDS - ITNM service was enclosed in quotation marks.
Resolving the problem
Open the registry editor:
1. Make backup copy of registry(File > Export)
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ITNM
3. Select ImagePath
4. Right click, select Modify and remove the quotes.
5. Exit Registry Editor.
6. Start Task Manager and kill any running ncp processes.
7. Start Informix IDS - ITNM db
8. Start ncp processes.