Best practices when using ClearQuest Bridge with RTC in a ClearQuest MultiSite environment
What is the best practice when using an IBM Rational ClearQuest Bridge with IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) in a ClearQuest MultiSite environment?
There are two approaches to using a ClearQuest Bridge with RTC in a MultiSite environment.
The configuration is still a manual process using one of the approaches in the description.
The biggest limitation with either of these approaches is that you can only link to a
record that is locally mastered.
Integrations point to a single ClearQuest site, but the each ClearQuest site must 'friend' the 3rd party server.
- Set up RTC as a friend to one 'primary' ClearQuest site.
- Set up one project area link from RTC to the primary ClearQuest site.
- Set up RTC as an external friend on all ClearQuest sites (so that rich hover and backlink deletion works everywhere).
- (Optional) Make sure the mastership of records does note change if they have links to avoid problems with backlink deletion.
Drawbacks: You can not create links to ClearQuest records not mastered at the primary site.
Integrations point to multiple ClearQuest sites.
- Set up friends between RTC and all ClearQuest sites.
- Set up project area links between the RTC project area and ClearQuest user databases on all sites.
- (Optional) Make sure the mastership of records does not change if they have links to avoid problems with backlink deletion.
Drawbacks: There will be menu items in RTC for every ClearQuest side, and you have to know where the record is mastered before you bring up the selection dialog.
|Software Development||Rational Team Concert||Integrations: IBM||Windows||4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3|
Translate this page: