Collecting data: Read First for IBM Automation Control for z/OS
For every problem, collecting data (MustGather) for IBM Automation Control for z/OS can aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
MustGather: Readme first table of contents
Why collect data?
Collecting data early, even before opening the PMR, helps IBM Support quickly determine:
1. If symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
2. There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
3. There is a defect that identifies a work around to reduce severity.
4. Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix.
Gathering general data:
1. What is the latest PTF level on the IBM Automation Control for z/OS system experiencing the problem?
2. What Version and Release of z/OS is running?
3. Has the problem occurred one time or more than once?
4. Is the problem currently occurring? If no, what actions were taken to circumvent or resolve it?
Submitting data to IBM Support:
Please FTP problem related documentation to the IBM Ecurep FTP Server.
FTP the documentation to ftp.ecurep.ibm.com, by following the directions below.
1. Compress z/OS documentation dataset(s) using TRSMAIN.
2. FTP to ftp.ecurep.ibm.com
3. Login as anonymous and use your email address as the password
4. Change directory (cd) to toibm/tivoli
5. Enter bin to set the transfer type to Binary / image
6. PUT <name of file> with the name of file using the following format:
Replace 12345 with your actual PMR number, replace 678 with your IBM branch office number,
replace 000 with your IBM country code.
IBM Country code 000 is the United States of America
yyy.yyy is a short description for the file
The .TRS file extension is mandatory for a tersed file.
For any IBM Automation Control for z/OS problem, capture the Netlog from the time of the error.