Edit mode categories not shown under the Content tab for pages in a virtual portal
You create a virtual portal and choose to edit any page in the virtual portal. One or more categories in the left hand navigation under Content are not shown. The categories are shown when editing a page in the Base or initial Portal instance.
Creating a virtual portal does not automatically "copy" the available WCM libraries into the new virtual portal. Because of this, the categories are excluded from a virtual portal by design.
Diagnosing the problem
The categories are shown when editing a page in the Base or initial Portal instance.
For example, the available categories under Content for the Welcome Page in the initial Portal instance are:
Resolving the problem
You can change the configuration by following the steps below.
The WCM libraries that are used to populate the Communications and Content tabs in the site toolbar are:
- Template Page Content 8001
- Web Resources v70
- Blog Solo Template v70
- Blog Template v70
- Wiki Template v70
1. Set up and complete syndication for the libraries between the initial or Base portal and the virtual portal.
2. Connect to your theme using WebDAV (location "fs-type1").
3. Make the categories visible by editing the following file in your theme (if you have a custom theme adapt the file path for your theme).
4. Remove the visibility function for the communications category:
"visibilityFn":"com.ibm.theme.shelf.checkForVP", <--- remove this line
5. Restart the Portal, clear the browser cache, and verify the categories appear as expected.
More support for:
Software version: 8.0, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Software edition: Enable, Express, Extend, Hypervisor Edition, Server
Reference #: 1636068
Modified date: 12 November 2014