When full refreshing target tables with asnload, Apply program may fail with either one of these two symptoms:
1. Apply fails during execution of ASNLOAD with message similar to this
ASN1053E APPLY "APP1" : "WorkerThread". The execution of the ASNLOAD exit
routine failed. The return code is "110".
The return code can also be "11" or "-1073741819" or "-1073741571"
2. ASNLOAD program crashes with SIGSEGV
This is a problem when using DB2 V9.5 Fix Pack 10, DB2 V9.7 FP7 and FP8, DB2 V10.1 FP2 and FP4, and DB2 V10.5 FP3-FP6
When ASNLOAD loads a member that contains a column with COL_TYPE=C or COL_TYPE=F, an uninitialized pointer causes unexpected failures.
Resolving the problem
This defect will be fixed in upcoming DB2 V9.5, V9.7, V10.1 and V10.5 fix packs.
Workaround for DB2 V9.5, V9.7, V10.1:
Copy ASNLOAD from the same version but from an older fix pack that doesn't contain the bug into
new fix pack.
The detailed steps are:
1. Stop the Apply program, if it is not already stopped
2. Do one of these steps depending on your platform:
- For Linux and UNIX, copy ASNLOAD.bnd from sqllib/bnd
- For Windows, copy ASNLOAD.bnd from sqllib\bnd
- For Linux and UNIX, copy ASNLOAD from sqllib/bin
- For Windows, copy ASNLOAD.exe from sqllib\bin
If you don't have access to a good version of ASNLOAD and/or you cannot go back to older fix packs that do not contain the problem, then call IBM Support to request a special build.
For DB2 V10.5, install fixpack 7