Duplicated entries for a computer in console
TEM Console shows duplicated entries for my computer name, why ?
1. Computer ID is generated at installation time and is provided by the TEM Server. It is the central source of Computer IDs and therefore can do duplicate ID detection and automated remediation. The computer ID is randomly assigned and is generated to guarantee its uniqueness.
2. If a TEM client for some reason resets its computer ID, it will register like a new client and will receive a new ID by TEM Server. The TEM client with the old computer ID will become grayed out since TEM Main server will consider it not more "active", since it is not reporting anymore with the old computer ID.
3. VPN is not a problem even if computer IP change dynamically.
4. Computer ID can also change if :
4.1. A client reset issued by TEM server with a specific action ( For instance issuing task "Relevant - TROUBLESHOOTING: Reset the BES Client")
4.2. You roll back from an old machine image ( image VM snapshots case ).
5. Computer ID can also change if some internal procedure alters the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\GlobalOptions" registry hive and specifically the keys :