IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) for z/OS , V8.5, the next generation of business rules, provides an elegant development environment, along with a dedicated business user interface, for automating and governing frequently occurring, repeatable business decisions. IBM ODM for z/OS V8.5 planned availability date will be on 21 June 2013. This document contains a brief overview of IBM ODM for z/OS V8.5 and a link to the announcement letter.
The offering provides end-to-end, lifecycle support for business decisions invoked from COBOL and PL/I applications. This includes capabilities for decision testing and simulation within the zRule Execution Server (zRES) for z/OS environment and the ability to trace the execution of how a business decision is made in the zRule Execution Server through the Decision Warehouse feature.
IBM ODM for z/OS provides multiple, business-rule execution choices for z/OS customers. This includes a business rule deployment option for Enterprise COBOL, PL/I, and IMS batch applications, which can run stand-alone or hosted within a CICS 4.x or CICS 5.x region. IBM ODM for z/OS also provides support for decision evaluation for COBOL and PL/I applications in IMS environments, both online and batch (support of IMS V10 and later) with the zRule Execution Server for z/OS .
New and enhanced capabilities in IBM ODM for z/OS , V8.5:
- Support for PL/I Language - Extends your ability to utilize decision management and modernize your applications.
- Improved CICS and IMS integration with the Decision Engine - Includes performance improvements and persistent connection support.
- Expanded support for Decision Engine - Now available on WebSphere Application Server for z/OS .
- Simpler deployment configuration - Includes control card-based deployment definitions.
- Comprehensive change management and governance - Includes a design that is based on the new Decision Governance Framework, a ready-to-use, prescriptive approach for both large enterprises and small and medium businesses.
- New integration options with IBM Integration Bus (IIB) - Allows software architects and developers to more easily integrate IBM ODM decision services.
IBM ODM for z/OS and IBM Business Rules for z/OS , available as a separate product, help enable organizations in virtually every industry to improve the quality of transaction, batch, and process-related decisions that are made repeatedly within mainframe applications and to determine the appropriate courses of action for each customer, partner, and internal interaction by:
- Automating and governing operational decision making across business processes and applications to help improve business outcomes
- Helping detect opportunities and risks in real time
- Easily and consistently implementing changes to meet new market demands or policy requirements
- Supporting incremental modernization of existing CICS , IMS , and batch applications written in COBOL or PL/I without a complete re-write
- Facilitating consistent decision evaluation across platforms, projects, and processes by allowing the reuse of business models between rule projects in z/OS and distributed applications
- Detecting events and event patterns in real time to enable situational awareness and response of actionable situations ( IBM ODM)
- Automating the response of highly variable decisions based on the specific context of a process, transaction, or interaction
- Managing and governing rules-based decision logic separately from application code in order to provide better visibility, understanding, and maintainability compared to traditional application development
- Integrating with a number of other z/OS technologies to create comprehensive decision management solutions written in COBOL or PL/I, using CICS , IMS , or z/OS batch execution environments.
For more details, see the US Announcement Letter for IBM Operational Decision Manager for z/OS V8.5
Information for other country announcement letters is located here.
|Business Integration||WebSphere ILOG Decision Validation Services||General||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS||Enterprise|
|Business Integration||WebSphere ILOG Rule Solutions for Office||General||Windows||All Editions|
|Business Integration||WebSphere ILOG Rule Team Server||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS||Enterprise|
|Business Integration||WebSphere Business Events||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||All Editions|
|Business Integration||WebSphere ILOG JRules||Platform Independent||Enterprise|