Attempts to start the HTTP/TCP Proxy Agent from IBM Rational Test Workbench (RTW) never yields the "OK" status in Rational Test Control Panel (RTCP).
The HTTP/TCP Proxy Agent appears to start successfully, but continually shows "Pending" status in the RTCP Agents view. This prevents you from using the Proxy for recording and stubbing operations.
At least one domain and environment must exist in Rational Test Control Panel (RTCP) for the Proxy to be available for use.
Diagnosing the problem
- Look for errors in the Agent log file.
The default log file is
gh-proxy-0.login the home directory of the user that started the Agent.
logging.propertiesfile defines the location in the
httptcpdirectory of the Rational Integration Tester Platform Pack installation.
- Verify the status of the Agent in RTCP at least two minutes after starting the Agent.
a. Log into RTCP.
b. Click Agents.
c.Check that the value in the Status column is "Pending".
- Look for available domains in RTCP.
a. Log into RTCP.
b. Click Administration.
c. Click Domains and environments.
d. Check for domains.
e. Click each domain and verify there is an environment for at least one of them.
Resolving the problem
- Ensure that Rational Integration Tester Platform Pack and Rational Test Control Panel have the same version.
- Open your project in IBM Rational Integration Tester (RIT).
- Create a domain and environment in RTCP by either
●. Publishing a stub from RIT.
●. Starting HTTP recording using a transport configured for recording as "External Proxy Server".
RTCP then accepts the Proxy Agent automatically.
- Verify the status in RTCP.
a. Click Agents.
b. Check that the value in the Status column is "OK".
For details see the Rational Test Control Panel System Administration Guide and the Rational Integration Tester Platform Pack Installation Guide.