Collect IBM MQ MustGather data to solve shutdown problems on z/OS
An IBM MQ queue manager is experiencing a problem with shutdown (eg. abend or hang) and you need to collect MustGather data to find a solution.
The instructions apply only to IBM MQ V8.0, 7.1, and 7.0.1 on z/OS. Refer to the IBM MQ Read First page for instructions on other operating systems.
Resolving the problem
Please answer these questions about the problem and then follow the steps below:
- Was shutdown accompanied by an abend in either the queue manager or channel initiator ?
- Was shutdown associated with an apparent wait or hang ?
- Was any rise in CPU noted or possible loop condition?
Step 1: Generate Data
If the shutdown problem is reproducible or is happening right now, generate data to provide more information about the problem:
- If shutdown abends then provide the dump produced; otherwise manually generate a dump.
- Some additional useful diagnostics for shutdown problems include :
Step 2: Prepare Data to Send
- Preparatory steps apply to dumps, traces and joblogs.
- Use TRSMAIN/AMATERSE utility before uploading to ECUREP and ensure PMR#, B/O#, Country# is specified.
- FTP must be done in BINARY mode only.
Joblogs may be emailed if not too large.
Step 3: Send Data to IBM
- Send your data to the IBM ECuRep repository After confirmation, emails may be sent to email@example.com.
- While the data is transferring, send an email or use the IBM Service Request tool to update your PMR with your description of the problem and of the data you are sending.
- Contact your country representative if you need to speak to an IBM technical support representative, or in the US call 1-800-IBM-SERV. Refer to the IBM Software Support Handbook for more information on working with IBM.
WebSphere MQ WMQ