Collect IBM MQ MustGather data to solve startup problems on z/OS
An IBM MQ on z/OS queue manager is experiencing a problem with startup and you need to collect MustGather data to find a solution.
The instructions apply only to IBM MQ V8.0, 7.1, and 7.0.1 on z/OS. Refer to the IBM MQ Read First page for instructions on other operating systems :
Resolving the problem
Please answer these questions about the problem and then follow the steps below:
- What startup problem did you observe on the system?
- What changes may have been made prior to the problem?
- Was this a new install/migration and is the QMGR within a queue-sharing group?
Step 1: Generate Data
If the startup problem is reproducible or is happening right now, generate data to provide more information about the problem:
- Obtain / generate dump and collect additional output.
- Level 2 may provide a slip trap to generate a dump if a dump is not automatically generated.
Step 2: Prepare Data to Send
- Preparatory steps apply to dumps, traces and joblogs.
- Use TRSMAIN/AMATERSE utility before uploading to ECUREP and ensure PMR#, B/O#, Country# is specified.
- FTP must be done in BINARY mode only.
Joblogs may be emailed if not too large.
Step 3: Send Data to IBM
- Send your data to the IBM ECuRep repository After confirmation, emails may be sent to email@example.com.
- While the data is transferring, send an email or use the IBM Service Request tool to update your PMR with your description of the problem and of the data you are sending.
- Contact your country representative if you need to speak to an IBM technical support representative, or in the US call 1-800-IBM-SERV. Refer to the IBM Software Support Handbook for more information on working with IBM.
WebSphere MQ WMQ