How would the schema of a Studio variable be refreshed to reflect changes without deleting the original variable?
In an orchestration, there are output variables for a database activity that have a particular schema. This schema depends on the structure of the database table. In the course of maintaining the orchestration, the database table may change and have additional columns. This changes the schema of the output variable.
The problem is how to refresh the variables to reflect these changes without deleting the original variable and dropping the mapping. This can be done as follows:
After opening Studio:
- Click the Variables tab on the right.
- Select the variable that needs to be refreshed. It should be highlighted in blue.
- Go down to the Properties of variable name section.
- In Data type, select the "Browse for schema" option.
- Select the new correct schema.
This will change the schema for the original variable everywhere in the project without dropping the original mapping.