What to analyze when FileAgent runs into a Connection Exception error?
System event: "Error: Connection Exception!"
1. Try a ping from system with File Agent to ip address of API host DNS name from FileAgent configuration.
2. Try a telnet from system with FileAgent to ip address of API host DNS name and API port from FileAgent configuration.
2.1 Do a select statistics on the Connect:Direct Windows server for
around the time of the tests. Do you see evidence of unknown connections for
3. Check user from Userid for API and related password from Password for API field of FileAgent configuration.
3.1 Does that user exist within the functional authorities of
Connect:Direct Windows server?
3.1.1 Does the user have the necessary rights to run processes, use run tasks/run
job if required by any process, copy file from/to required directory?
3.2 Is that user defined in the operating system which hosts
3.2.1 Does the user have the required rights such as read/write permissions
and execute permissions for any command/program/script started by any
run task/run job?
3.3 Can the user use the CDRequester to attach to the
3.3.1 Can the user submit the processes, which shall get
submitted via FileAgent, when using
4. Is the Connect:Direct Windows server up and running?
4.1 Check CD Admin Tool for green lamp behind node name
4.2 Check the Initialization Parameters for ip address and port used for that
Connect:Direct Windows server.
5. Do a netstat -na
5.1 On system with FileAgent. Is the Gatekeeper port from the FileAgent configuration active and in listening mode and not in use by any other application?
5.2 On system with Connect:Direct Windows server. Are the ports for API
and for transfer in listening mode and not in use by any other
6. If all this does not help, if you only run one instance of
FileAgent, please remove Gatekeeper Name 127.0.0.1 from configuration.
Stop FileAgent and Start FileAgent again with changed configuration.