Upgrading RPT fixpack results in "Registry write error during install phase for registry path"
Attempts to upgrade IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) to version 18.104.22.168_iFix001 results in the eclipse error "Error during install phase: Registry write error during install phase for registry path".
Error message displayed from IBM Installation Manager error dialog window:
Installation Manager fetched 10 files(4.16 MB) during this update attempt. You can keep these files to avoid fetching them again. Installation Manager will delete these files during a successful update of this or any other package.
Do you want to keep the fetched files?
Keep fetched files OR Delete fetched files?
Error during "install" phase:
Registry write error during install phase for registry path
Insufficient permissions to write to the Windows registry.
- RPT 8.3 uses the DWORD javaw.exe (with value 0x00009000) in the FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION key to indicate specific emulation's that Internet Explorer Web Browser controls should use when run from javaw.exe (the RPT workbench). RPT requires this for the new (non-default) reports in RPT 8.3.
Other possible causes include:
- Antivirus turned on
- Not logged in as Windows Administrator user
Diagnosing the problem
Check if the user policy has restrictions to edit the registry.
Resolving the problem
Delete the following registry key and try install again.
This solution contains information about modifying the system registry. Before making any modifications to the Microsoft Registry Editor, it is strongly recommended that you make a backup of the existing registry. For more information describing how to back up the registry, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 256986
- Open Windows registry (Start > Run > type regedit)
- Navigate to the following folder:
- Delete the following registry key:
- Exist the Windows registry
- Open IBM Installation Manager
- Click Modify to continue installation
If the error still persists , remove the FeatureControl Key (or rename) and create a new Key with the same name. Also if the key complained by the installer is a different one, delete that key complained by the installer (CAUTION making sure it is not affecting any other software) and proceed with retrying the installation again.
Translate this page: