Collect troubleshooting data for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions V1.0
You are having a problem with the CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions V1.0. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the CICS Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Resolving the problem
Collect this MustGather data before contacting IBM Support:
Collecting general information for all problems
If you have already contacted IBM Support, you can continue on to the component-specific MustGather information. Otherwise, go to Collect troubleshooting data for CICS products - Read first.
Collecting data for problems with CICS TS Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions
If you are a new user to the CICS TS Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions, you can run the sample application that is distributed with the feature pack to verify your installation. For CICS TS 5.1, see Verifying the operations of the CICS TS Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions. For CICS TS 4.2, see Verifying the operations of the CICS TS Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions. Afterwards, gather the following documentation for your CICS TS Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions problem and contact IBM support.
Note, the functionality of the CICS TS Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions was included in CICS TS 5.2. If you are using CICS TS 5.2, see Collect troubleshooting data for web services, XML, and JSON transformation problems in CICS TS for z/OS.
Required (MustGather) data:
- For problems with the CICS JSON assistants that include problems with DFHJS2LS or DFHLS2JS provide:
- A description of the problem.
- The source document. For DFHLS2JS, this includes the language structure (copybook). For DFHJS2LS, this includes the JSON schema used as input.
- A list of the parameters that you specified.
- The log file generated by DFHJS2LS or DFHLS2JS.
- For problems with the configuration of a pipeline used to handle JSON web service requests you should provide the pipeline configuration file being used. This includes problems installing and manipulating pipelines. For more information for CICS TS 5.1, see Creating the CICS infrastructure for a JSON service provider. For CICS TS 4.2, see Creating the CICS infrastructure for a JSON service provider.
- For JSON web services runtime problems or problems using the linkable interface to transform JSON provide:
- An MVS system dump if one is taken. If you receive message DFHPI1007 or DFHPI1008 and a dump is not taken, enter CEMT SET SYD(xxxxx) SYS MAX(1) ADD where xxxxx is the CICS message without the DFH prefix, to request a dump when you receive the message. Then recreate the problem or wait for it to occur.
- CICS internal trace that is included in the MVS system dump when tracing is active. The trace should be at least 10240K and when possible the following trace levels should be on:
- 1-2 for the ML, PG, PI, SO, and WB components. ML level 2 trace can affect performance.
- 1-2 for the AP component if you have a codepage conversion problem.
- 1 for all other CICS components.
- An unformatted CICS auxiliary trace if there is no dump available. See the trace levels documented under CICS internal trace above.
Troubleshooting hints and tips
- Review the logs and dumps generated at the point of failure.
- Search the CICS support site for known problems using symptoms like the message number and error codes.
- If you find a fixing PTF, see Ordering CICS products and maintenance for the options that are available to order CICS maintenance.
- Gather the documentation and work with the CICS support team to resolve your problem.
Exchanging data with IBM Support
- See Exchanging information with IBM Technical Support for FTP and email instructions using the IBM Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep).
- Go to the Service Request page to open or update a problem. If you have a SoftwareXcel enterprise edition for zSeries contract, you can also ask a non-defect installation and usage questions.
Note: Always update your Service Request (problem record) to indicate that data has been sent.
If you need to speak to an IBM technical support representative call your country representative. If you need to speak to an IBM technical support representative in the US, call 1-800-IBM-SERV.
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server
Translate this page: