In IBM Rational Team Concert. (RTC), after you assign parent-child work items to a plan with the "Taskboard" style, the taskboard plan style shows the parent work item twice.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create work item A and assign it to jazzy
- Create work item B and assign it to jazzy
- Set work item A as a parent of work item B
- Create plan C
- Assign work items A and B to plan C
- Open plan C in the Eclipse client and set the plan style to Taskboard
Expected Result: The work item A is visible only once in its current state in the plan.
Actual Result: The work item A is visible in its current state and in first column of the plan, as in the following screenshot:
This is working as designed. The Taskboard plan style in Eclipse client displays the parent of work item in the first column displayed in the given row.
Resolving the problem
If you do not want to see the parent of the work item in the Taskboard plan style, use the web interface.