Machine name is not visible in the Adapter Console when the adapter is running on a Linux system
If you are running a IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) adapter on a machine that uses a Linux system, the Adapter Console might not display the name of the machine.
When the adapter tries to connect to the Rational Quality Manager server, the adapter gathers system information, such as the IP address and the host name, and then sends that information to the server. To gather the system information, the adapter uses Java APIs. In some environments, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2, the APIs cannot get the required information.
Resolving the problem
- Ensure that you have root privileges on the client machine. Otherwise, you might not be able to update the /etc/hosts file.
- On the client machine, stop and close the adapter.
- Open the /etc/hosts file, and add the IP address and host name. Make sure that the entry looks like this example:
In this example, A.B.C.D is the IP address and mymachine.company.com is the host name.
- In Rational Quality Manager, from the main menu, click Execution > Adapter Console.
- Select your adapter from the list and delete it.
- On the client machine, restart the adapter and connect to Rational Quality Manager.
More support for:
Rational Quality Manager
Software version: 3.0.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 4.0, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 4.0.1, 4.0.2
Operating system(s): Linux
Reference #: 1634075
Modified date: 2013-04-29