How to update license keys manually in Rational License Key Server on UNIX
How do you update newly generated license keys manually to the existing license file in IBM Rational License Key Server on UNIX and Linux?
Importing new license keys to the license server automatically replaces the existing license key.
- Navigate to the location where newly generated license key is located (.dat or .upd)
Note: Telelogic family of IBM Rational Products are generated in .dat format whereas native IBM Rational Products are generated in .upd format
- Open the newly generated license key in edit mode to copy the contents
- Copy contents of the newly generated license key starting from the INCREMENT line to the end
- Navigate to the <installation directory of the license server>/config
Note: Opt/IBM/RationalRLKS/config is the default directory where the license server is installed
- Edit the file named server_license.lic
- Paste the contents copied from the newly generated license key below the existing INCREMENT lines
- Save the file
- Restart the license server upon successfully updating existing license key
Note: Prior to Rational License Key Server version 8.1.3, license keys imported would be deployed under (hostname of the machine.dat) file under the <Installation folder of license server/Config> directory whereas in 8.1.3 server_license.lic file was introduced to have the imported license keys.
More support for:
Rational License Key Server
Software version: 8.1.3
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris
Reference #: 1633652
Modified date: 08 April 2013
Translate this page: