I am using a Network License for Statistics 20 Core and Base. How do I license an Add-on Module that is local to my users computer only?
Because when the "Client" was installed as a "Network" install (as it should be) there is a local license file created called 'lservrc' that is created with Attributes of "Read Only". You must uncheck the Read-only checkbox and activate the local add on module.
Resolving the problem
This resolution only applies to Statistics Clients who get their Statistics Core and Base using a Network License.
For Windows operating systems:
Change the permissions on the license file 'lservrc' & Activate the local add on module authorization code.
1) Navigate to where you installed the local Statistics client
Default: C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Statistics\20
2) Locate the licensing file 'lservrc' and uncheck the 'Read-only' option
3) Locate and execute the law.exe program
4) Follow the prompts and activate the local add on module.
Part 1: For Macintosh operating systems:
Change the permissions on the license file 'lservrc'.
1) Start the Finder application
2) In the Finder menu, click on Go->Applications
3) Look for the "IBM" folder in the applications list and click on it, followed by the "SPSS", "Statistics" & "20" folders
4) Double Click on the "20" folder
5) Ctrl+click on SPSSStatistics.app. A pop-up menu will appear, click on "Show package contents"
6) Double Click on Contents
7) Double Click on Bin
8) Locate the the lservrc file and the permissions for full Read & Write access.
Part 2: For Macintosh operating systems:
Activate the local add on module authorization code, by using Terminal.
1) Locate and launch the "Finder" application
2) Within the Finder application locate and expand "Applications"
3) Locate and expand "Utilities"
4) Locate and launch the "Terminal" application
5) Within Terminal Navigate to the IBM SPSS Statistics 20 installation directory and launch the licin.sh shell script as the 'root' user. Type the following commands: after each line press the "ENTER" key
NOTE: When using the "sudo" command, you will be prompted for the computers administrator password.
-- a) cd /Applications/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/20/SPSSStatistics.app/Contents/bin
-- b) sudo ./licin.sh
6) Follow the prompts and activate the local add on module.