Create Work Items from template results in "Cannot create work items specified by the template" error
Attempts to create 'Work Items from template' using IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) results in the error "Cannot create work items specified by the template. Value "Work_team_template_name" cannot be assigned to attribute 'ChangeRequest:mspTaskInfo'.
The template, amongst other tasks, attempt to update a custom attribute with id "mspTaskInfo" from Task Work Item type; however, the Task Work Item type does not seem to have any custom attribute resulting in the failure.
Resolving the problem
- Create a custom attribute with id mspTaskInfo in Task Work Item type
- Add appropriate Editor Presentation elements (such as WorkItems > Editor Presentations > Details > Add Presentations)
- Check attribute usage in Repository (Eclipse Client > Configuration Data > Types and attributes > Task > check attribute usage in repository)
- Add appropriate permissions to the Role to save this attribute
- Create Work Items from the template
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 3.0.1, 126.96.36.199, 4.0, 188.8.131.52, 4.0.1
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1632995
Modified date: 2013-04-03