Attempts to create 'Work Items from template' using IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) results in the error "Cannot create work items specified by the template. Value "Work_team_template_name" cannot be assigned to attribute 'ChangeRequest:mspTaskInfo'.
The template, amongst other tasks, attempt to update a custom attribute with id "mspTaskInfo" from Task Work Item type; however, the Task Work Item type does not seem to have any custom attribute resulting in the failure.
Resolving the problem
- Create a custom attribute with id mspTaskInfo in Task Work Item type
- Add appropriate Editor Presentation elements (such as WorkItems > Editor Presentations > Details > Add Presentations)
- Check attribute usage in Repository (Eclipse Client > Configuration Data > Types and attributes > Task > check attribute usage in repository)
- Add appropriate permissions to the Role to save this attribute
- Create Work Items from the template