MustGather: Build issues when using Rational Team Concert
This document will assist you in collecting the data necessary to diagnose and resolve IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) build issues.
This MustGather will assist you in collecting the data necessary to help you diagnose and resolve the issue. If you are unable to determine the root cause using the information collected, you should open a PMR with IBM Rational Support for further investigation providing the data collected.
Resolving the problem
You can use the IBM Support Assistant Lite (ISA Lite) Data Collector tool to quickly collect diagnostic files, such as log files, configuration files or to run traces. This tool is bundled with RTC 4.x and above. ISA Lite collects information about your Jazz Team Server environment and stores the information in a .zip archive file. If you have a need to open a service request with IBM Rational Support for further assistance, you can send the archive file with the data collection so that they can help diagnose and fix problems.
The information below should be gathered in addition to the normal information and log gathering done by ISA Lite.
- Verify the JDK used by the build engine (we recommend the JDK provided with the RTC client if possible) might be specified using:
- A vm argument in the jbe.ini:
Example: -vm "\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\bin\java";
- On the command line used to start JBE:
Example: jbe -vm "\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\bin\java" .....
- Default JDK - open a MS-DOS session in <jbe run dir> - check the result of: 'java -version'
- A vm argument in the jbe.ini:
- If all the build fails on the same machine, check the disk space.
- If the build failed randomly, check to see if there is a time pattern (maybe the database is doing a backup).
- Provide the build script.
- Provide the Eclipse workspace log (eclipse workspace/metadata named .log).
Provide verbose logs:
- Use JBE -verbose option on the JBE engine
jbe -repository https://localhost:9443/jazz -engineId xxx -userId xxx -pass xxx –verbose
- In the log4j.properties (..server/ccm/conf) un-comment the following lines:
- Save the log4j.properties file.
- Reload the log4j.properties file by accessing the following link:
(This will avoid having to restart the server)
- Reproduce the issue and provide the ccm.log file as well as Eclipse workspace log. Also, for the build request that is failing, get the build logs from the "Build overview" , "logs" tab in the Team Concert Eclipse client.
Collect JBE data
- Collect all log files under the JBE/Eclipse directory (under workspace and configuration)
- Obtain build info: Go to Builds from the UI and collect the logs, stack trace and errors for the build definition that is failing
- Verify Build Queues and Build Engines statuses (capture UI Screenshot)
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1632450
Modified date: 19 June 2013
Translate this page: