The IBM WebSphere Application Server instance for the IBM Rational Insight report server will core dump when a DataMovement task is executed.
The licensing for Insight is not set up properly.
Diagnosing the problem
Check the following registry key locations to see if there are multiple entries for the license server
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Flexlm License Manager
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rational Software\Licensing\8.0\Server List
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Flexlm License Manager
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Rational Software\Licensing\8.0\Server List
Resolving the problem
Use IBM Rational License Key Administrator (LKAD) to set the registry keys that Insight will use and verify that this change is reflected in the registry keys.
- Click Start > Programs > IBM Rational > License Key Administrator
to Open LKAD
Once LKAD is open, the License Key Administrator Wizard should pop up. See section below if it does not.
- Select the first option Point to a Rational License Server to get my licenses
(by default this should should already be selected)
- Click Next to open the Server Name(s) and Ports panel
- Enter the Server Name and the Port ID used in the Insight license file
(the default is 27000)
- Click Finish
If the License Key Administrator Wizard does not pop up:
- Click Settings > Client/Server Configuration
- Check the box Use License Server
- Click Add Server
- Click the value field adjacent to Server Name to enter the appropriate value
- Click the value field adjacent to Port to enter the appropriate value
- Click OK
Run the setup wizard again and ensure the correct license server is entered on the "Configure Insight Licensing" section.