"HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found" when click "Manage Virtual Directory - Browse" on "controllerhelp" inside "Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager"
Administrator opens "Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager", and located the virtual directory 'ibmcognos\controllerhelp'. Administrator right-clicks on "controllerhelp" and chooses "Manage Virtual Directory - Browse". An error appears.
Server Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE"
Internet Information Services 7.5
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Detailed Error Information
|IIS Web Core|
|C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\c10\webcontent\cgi-bin\cognos.cgi|
· The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
· The URL contains a typographical error.
· A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.
Things you can try:
· Create the content on the Web server.
· Review the browser URL.
· Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here
This behaviour is by design - the virtual directory is not intended to be opened directly via this URL.
Resolving the problem
This behaviour is by design.
- Users should instead only be accessing this virtual directory via the Controller GUI ("Help" menu item):