The "Issue Current Item" option cannot be used from the Inventory application using the Select Action menu.
An error message pops-up with no further info than 'system#RetrieveBooleanFail'.
To replicate the issue:
1. Access the Inventory application.
2. Query for an Item and select it
3. Click on the Select Action dropdown menu
4. Select the "Issue Current Item" option.
5. System message "system#RetrieveBooleanFail" displays.
The INVENTORY.HARDRESISSUE value is null. This attribute should be 1 or 0.
Resolving the problem
1. Update the Inventory.Hardresissue value using the Inventory application > Inventory tab > 'Requires hard reservation on use?' . If you want to set it to 0, then click twice (select then deselect) and save.
2. Make sure you have a default value set from Database Configuration application for inventory.hardresissue.