ITCAM Agents for WebSphere Messaging Report version 7.1 installation fails when the installation program is running on a system with IBM Tivoli Common Reporting Version 3.1 (TCR 3.1) installed.
Resolving the problem
Ensure that TCR 3.1 is installed, configured and running, as described in the following documentation: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.psc.doc_1.1.0/install/tcr_t_install.html
After that, complete the following steps to get the product reports work with TCR 3.1:
1. Import report packages into the TCR 3.1 environment
To import the report packages, follow the steps listed here: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.psc.doc_1.1.0/tcr_original/ttcr_import.html
The report packages that are required in these steps are located on your host in the directory:
Where: $ITCAM_WebSphere_Messaging_Image$ is the directory to which you extracted the installation image of ITCAM agents for WebSphere Messaging.
Use the WebSphereMQReports.zip file for ITCAM agent for WebSphere MQ, and use the WebSphereBrokerReports.zip file for ITCAM agent for WebSphere Message Broker.
2. Configure database connections in the TCR 3.1 environment
To configure database connections, follow the steps listed here:
Use TDW as the database name to configure the data source in Cognos.
3. Create shared dimension tables and populate the time dimension
To prepare Tivoli Data Warehouse for Tivoli Common Reporting, you must create the IBM_TRAM dimensions. These dimensions are required for running Cognos reports and using data models. This procedure creates the following dimension tables:
- Schema IBM_TRAM. TRAM stands for Tivoli Reporting and Analytics Model, the common data model used by Tivoli products.
- Table TIME_DIMENSION with years of time dimensional data and granularity to a specified number of minutes. Each row of this table is a unique minute key with various dimensions related to it, such as hour, weekday, day of month, and quarter.
- Table MONTH_LOOKUP, which globalizes the month names for Time Dimension.
- Table WEEKDAY_LOOKUP, which globalizes the weekday names for Time Dimension.
- ComputerSystem, another dimension conforming to the Tivoli Common Data Model.
For the procedure, you must use the database scripts. They are included in the extracted reports package within the following directory:
Procedure for IBM DB2:
a) Copy the database scripts (*_DB2.sql files) from the $ITCAM_WebSphere_Messaging_Image$/REPORTS/ITCAM_Agents_for_WebSphere_Messaging_v71/reports/cognos_reports/Messaging/db_scripts directory to a location where they can be run against the Tivoli Data Warehouse.
b) Log on as the DB2 administrator. Your user ID must have administrator access to create the IBM_TRAM schema.
c) Connect to the Tivoli Data Warehouse database:db2 connect to WAREHOUS;
d) Execute the following sql files orderly.
- db2 -td# -vf drop_all_DB2.sql
- db2 -td# -vf create_table_DB2.sql
- db2 -td# -vf create_proc_DB2.sql (Add # at the end of sql file before execution)
- db2 -td# -vf call_proc_DB2.sql (Add # at the end of sql file before execution)
- db2 -td# -vf drop_index_DB2.sql
- db2 -td# -vf create_index_DB2.sql
The shared dimension tables are created and the time dimension are populated.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.