When upgrading Worklight Studio via P2 (Eclipse upgrade) from version 184.108.40.206 (or before) to a new version using Help -> Install New Software, a failure will result.
An error will be presented similar to the following example:
Your original request has been modified.
"IBM Dojo Mobile Tools" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
"IBM Worklight Studio" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
Software being installed: IBM Worklight Studio 5.0.5001.v20121217_1857 (com.ibm.imp.tools.feature.feature.group 5.0.5001.v20121217_1857)
Software currently installed: Optional: Rich Page Editor 5.0.30.v20120809_1515 (com.ibm.imp.rpe.tools.feature.feature.group 5.0.30.v20120809_1515)
Only one of the following can be installed at once:
Optional: Rich Page Editor 5.0.30.v20120809_1515 (com.ibm.imp.rpe.tools.feature.feature.jar 5.0.30.v20120809_1515)
IBM Rich Page Editor 5.0.5001.v20121214_1542 (com.ibm.imp.rpe.tools.feature.feature.jar 5.0.5001.v20121214_1542)
From: Optional: Rich Page Editor 5.0.30.v20120809_1515 (com.ibm.imp.rpe.tools.feature.feature.group 5.0.30.v20120809_1515)
To: com.ibm.imp.rpe.tools.feature.feature.jar [5.0.30.v20120809_1515]
From: IBM Rich Page Editor 5.0.5001.v20121214_1542 (com.ibm.imp.rpe.tools.feature.feature.group 5.0.5001.v20121214_1542)
To: com.ibm.imp.rpe.tools.feature.feature.jar [5.0.5001.v20121214_1542]
From: IBM Worklight Studio 5.0.5001.v20121217_1857 (com.ibm.imp.tools.feature.feature.group 5.0.5001.v20121217_1857)
To: com.ibm.imp.rpe.tools.feature.feature.group 5.0.5001.qualifier
A change was made after IBM Worklight 220.127.116.11 resulting in Rich Page Editor no longer being an optionally installed component. Rather, it will be installed as part of the base components. This change had an affect on how an Eclipse update is applied.
Resolving the problem
When implying the upgrade, do the following.
1. Start the Eclipse workbench
2. Open the Window menu and click Preferences
3. In the left panel, click Install/Update which will expand options below it
4. Click Available Software Sites
5. Click Add...
6. In the Add Site window enter a value in the Name field such as "IBM Worklight Update"
7. Click Archive..., navigate to the fix pack archive and click Open
8. Back in the Add Repository window, the Location field should now be filled in
9. Click OK to exit the Preferences window
10. Open the Help menu and click Check for Updates
11. In the Available Updates window, select the items you'd like to install or update
12. Click Next and follow the instructions to complete the installation
For generic fix pack installation instructions, see http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27028172.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.