The web publishing feature is not available in Rational Software Architect
The Modeling > Publish > Web ... main menu item is missing in IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA).
The following steps recreate the problem scenario:
- Create a UML project and UML model
- Add, for example, a class diagram to the UML model
- Add a class to the class diagram
- Save the changes
- Select the model and go to Modeling > Publish > Web ...
Modeling > Publish > Web ...
menu item is absent.
You do not have the Installation Profiles > Architect - Standard feature installed for your Rational Software Architect installation
Resolving the problem
Modify your Rational Software Architect installation to include Installation Profiles > Architect - Standard:
- Close all IBM Rational products including Rational Software Architect
- Open Installation Manager
- Select Modify
- Select the package group of the Rational Software Architect installation where you are not able to use the web publisher
- Follow the wizard to the Modify Packages: Select features to install or clear the features to remove screen
- Check the Installation Profiles > Architect - Standard check box (You can have both Installation Profiles > Architect - Minimal and Installation Profiles > Architect - Standard checked for the installation.)
- Click the Modify button to complete the modification of the Rational Software Architect installation
- Open Rational Software Architect
- Click on a model in the Project Explorer and select the Modeling main menu item. The Modeling > Publish > Web ... main menu item will now be available.
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software||Web Publisher||Windows||8.0.4, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 8.5, 8.5.1|
More support for:
Rational Software Architect
Software version: 8.0.4, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.5, 8.5.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1628486
Modified date: 2013-03-22