When viewed in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0, Rational Focal Point causes Microsoft Internet Explorer to switch to the "Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 Standards" document mode, and display the message "Unsupported browser" in the status area.
User settings configured to show all the intranet sites in compatibility mode.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 only
Diagnosing the problem
Rational Focal Point causes Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 to be rendered in the compatibility mode when the user has specified "compatibility mode" for all the intranet sites.
The user accesses the Focal Point application using host name in URL, and there is no entry for the same in the host file.
Resolving the problem
You can resolve the issue using any of the following methods:
- Add an entry for the server host name in the hosts file of Windows systems located at Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder
- Access the Rational Focal Point application using the server name in the URL.
- Access Rational Focal Point using the IP address of the server instead of the host name.
- In the Internet Explorer 9.0 browser window, click Tools-> Compatibility mode.
- Clear the Compatibility mode for intranet sites check box.