What is the procedure for enabling Global Security in WebSphere for OpenPages?
Global Security in WebSphere is not enabled.
Resolving the problem
The following steps can be performed to enable Global Security in WebSphere:
- Open a browser window and log on to the IBM WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console as a user with administrative privileges.
By default, the URL is http://<host_name>:<port>/ibm/console
<host_name> is the name of the server where the IBM WebSphere is installed.
<port> is the server port number. By default, the installation port numbers are:
- 9060 for the IBM OpenPages server (IBM OpenPages Cell)
- 9061 for the workflow server (IBPMCell)
- Expand Security in the left pane and click Global security.
- In the Global security pane, do the following:
- Under Administrative security, select the Enable administrative security option.
- Clear the following options (if selected):
- Enable application security
- Use Java 2 security to restrict application access to local resources
- When finished, click Apply and then Save to save the changes in your local configuration to the master configuration.
- For each application and workflow server in your environment, do the following:
- In the left pane of the Console, expand Severs > Server Types and then click WebSphere application servers.
- In the right pane, click the name of a server from the list.
<server_name>OPNode1Server1 (if this is an application server) or
<server_name>IBPMNode1Server (if this is a workflow server)
- In the right pane for the selected server, under the Container Settings heading, expand Container Services and then click Transaction Service.
- In the Transaction service pane, select the Configuration tab (if not already selected, and clear the Enable transaction coordination authorization check box.
- When finished, click OK and then Save to save the changes in your local configuration to the master configuration.
- Repeat Steps a-e for each application and workflow server in your environment.
- In the left pane of the Console, expand System administration and click Nodes.
- In the Nodes pane, select the check box next to each node listed in the table.
- When all the nodes are selected, click Synchronize.
- Restart the Deployment Manager (DMgr), Node Agent (NA), and all servers.