User clicks "Group - Reports - Intercompany Report". User chooses selection, and clicks "Run Report". However, the formatting looks 'wrong' (the numbers have spaces in them, instead of the expected commas (,)
If user clicks "Print" then the screen "Intercompany Report print preview" appears. Again, the formatting looks 'wrong' (the numbers have spaces in them, instead of the expected commas (,)
* If user clicks "Open spreadsheet" then the report opens inside Excel. Again the formatting looks 'wrong'.
The client device (e.g. end user's PC or end user's Windows user profile on Citrix/Terminal server) has been configured so that its regional settings have a 'space' configured to be the thousand separator.
- This behaviour is by Microsoft Windows design.
On the client PC, inside "Control Panel" the user can launch the "Region and Language". Inside the "Formats" tab, the user can choose how their software displays its formatting.
- By default, many regions (e.g. English UK) have the thousand separator set to a comma (,)
- However, some regions (e.g. "Norwegian, Bokmal") have a different separator (e.g. "space"):
Resolving the problem
Modify the regional settings of the 'bad' end user(s) so that the "Region and Language" settings are configured to display the same way that the end user wants their reports to look.
- Logon to the client device as the same 'bad' Windows user who has the problem
- Open "Control Panel"
- Open the regional settings (for most modern versions of Windows, this is "Clock, Language, and Region" - "Region and Language")
- Inside the "Formats" tab, change the "Format" to a region (e.g. "English (United Kingdom)") whose format matches what the user wants to see.
- Save changes and test.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.