In a topology where IBM Business Monitor Version 8.0 and WebSphere Process Server (WPS) Version 7.0 are in separate cells, how do I get table-based routing from WPS to Monitor to work?
IBM Business Monitor Version 8.0, which is based on WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Version 8.0, is not compatible with WAS Version 7.0, upon which WebSphere Process Server (WPS) Version 7.0 is based on. Specifically, table-based routing, as opposed to queue-based routing, requires Monitor plugins that reside in the WPS cell. These plugins are not compatible with WAS V7.0.
You can configure IBM Business Monitor to allow table-based routing from WebSphere Process Server (WPS) Version 7.0 to IBM Business Monitor Version 8.0.1, using the instructions below.
- Apply the appropriate maintenance depending on your product and version. (Doing so will apply the code added under APAR JR45328 to support table-based routing from WPS Version 7.0.)
- IBM Business Monitor Version 8.0 users can apply IBM Business Monitor V8.0 Refresh Pack 1 (8.0.1) (to upgrade IBM Business Monitor to Version 8.0.1), and the interim fix for APAR JR45328 for Version 8.0.1, available from Fix Central.
- IBM Business Monitor Version 8.0.1 users can apply the interim fix for APAR JR45328 on Version 8.0.1, available from Fix Central.
- Users of either of the above versions can apply IBM Business Monitor V8.0.1 Fix Pack 1 (18.104.22.168) to upgrade IBM Business Monitor to Version 22.214.171.124.
- From the <WAS_root>/scripts.wbm/crossCell folder of the local IBM Business Monitor server installation, locate the file com.ibm.wbimonitor.was70.to.monitor80.jar.
- Copy the file to the <WAS_root>/plugins folder of each server in the remote WPS cell.
- On the remote WPS cell, for each server profile, go to the <profile_root>/bin folder, and run the appropriate command to configure the application server to recognize the .jar file:
Linux or UNIX: osgiCfgInit.sh
- Restart the remote WPS cell. For a stand-alone WPS server, restart the server. For WPS in a network deployment environment, restart the cell in this sequence: deployment manager, node agents, clusters, servers.
- On the IBM Business Monitor cell, open the WebSphere Application Server administrative console.
- In a stand-alone environment, click Servers > Application servers > <server_name>. In a network deployment environment, click System Administration > Deployment Manager.
- Click Java™ and Process Management > Process definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom properties.
- Click New.
- Enter com.ibm.wbimonitor.observationmgr.lifecycle.FORCE_CEI_WITH_SCALABLE_FILTERING in the Name field.
- Enter true in the Value field.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- In a stand-alone environment, stop and restart the server. In a network deployment environment, stop and restart the deployment manager.
Note: With the addition of the custom property, deployed monitor models can only be configured to use scalable event processing. Monitor models that do not support scalable event processing will not be able to process events)
|Business Integration||WebSphere Process Server||Not Applicable||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Linux zSeries, Solaris, Windows||7.0|