Attempts to upgrade IBM Rational Integration Tester (RIT) Agent using IBM Installation Manager (IM) results in failure with "error getting file for installation".
Steps to Reproduce:
Upgrade RIT-Agent using IBM Installation Manager (IM).
Expected result: RIT Agent should upgrade successfully.
Actual result: Upgrade fails with errors as below.
"Error during "install" phase:
5_1153,type=file,ext=xml}: error getting file for installation.
'xml file com.ibm.rational.rita.launchers.ant_1.0.0.I20120705_1153' not
found in C:\IBM\IBMIMShared."
Your user profile may be corrupted.
Resolving the problem
Apply the following steps to circumvent the issue:
- Install/Upgrade IBM Installation Manager (IM) to 1.6 (or later)
- Uninstall all products in IM - RIT, RIT-A, RIT-PP and RTCP
- Delete folder C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared\
- Delete folder C:\IBM\IBMIMShared\
- Reinstall products uninstalled at step 2