RIT agent upgrade results in Error during "install" phase
Attempts to upgrade IBM Rational Integration Tester (RIT) Agent using IBM Installation Manager (IM) results in failure with "error getting file for installation".
Steps to Reproduce:
Upgrade RIT-Agent using IBM Installation Manager (IM).
Expected result: RIT Agent should upgrade successfully.
Actual result: Upgrade fails with errors as below.
"Error during "install" phase:
5_1153,type=file,ext=xml}: error getting file for installation.
'xml file com.ibm.rational.rita.launchers.ant_1.0.0.I20120705_1153' not
found in C:\IBM\IBMIMShared."
Your user profile may be corrupted.
Resolving the problem
Apply the following steps to circumvent the issue:
- Install/Upgrade IBM Installation Manager (IM) to 1.6 (or later)
- Uninstall all products in IM - RIT, RIT-A, RIT-PP and RTCP
- Delete folder C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared\
- Delete folder C:\IBM\IBMIMShared\
- Reinstall products uninstalled at step 2
More support for:
Rational Test Workbench
Software version: 8.0, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.0.1, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1627675
Modified date: 01 April 2013