Error "Cannot Locate Field Definition For Field: Shimmerfields" when accessing Mail-file contacts.
User A is given "Calendar, To Do and Contacts" access to their manager's Mail application. Delegate creates a new contact and immediately receives the error: "Cannot locate field definition: Shimmerfields".
Note: Contact can be saved by the delegate.
Error occurs when creating new contact.
Diagnosing the problem
Shared field ShimmerFields is not available for Public Access users. (Public Access user is a delegate with Calendar-only delegation access. This does not affect delegates who also have Mail delegation access.
Resolving the problem
NOTE: This is fixed in the 9.0 release.
This will replace a shared field with a non-shared field of the same name.
1. Open Mail. Then open the Contact form in Designer
2. Holding down left mouse button, select the (shared) field called ShimmerFields, located at the top left corner of the form. It should turn a dark color, showing that it is selected. (Pic A)
3. Press CTRL-C to copy the field to the clipboard
4. Place the cursor cursor to the right of the ShimmerFields field and press CTRL-V, to paste from the clipboard).
A new field called ShimmerFields_1 is created. It is not a shared field. (Pic B)
Note: A shared field has a darker edge than a non-shared field.
5. Delete the (shared) field called ShimmerFields
6. Rename the field called ShimmerFields_1 to ShimmerFields.
More support for:
Software version: 8.5.3
Operating system(s): Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1627550
Modified date: 18 November 2014
Translate this page: