The profile tooling code generates duplicate methods in the palette code
After you generate the tooling code of a profile with IBM Rational Software Architect, duplicate methods appear in the code.
The following steps reproduce the problem:
- Create a profile tooling model
- Add a class diagram to the model
- Add a palette creation tool entry to the diagram
- Add two palette drawers to the diagram
- Draw a DSLToolProfilePaletteContainerchildrenPaletteEntryEditPart relationship from each of the palette drawers to the palette creation tool entry, so that the palette entry is contained within the two different palette drawers
- Generate the tooling code
Expected Result: No errors or problems result.
Actual Result: Duplicate
create methods are generated, which results in the
Duplicate method create() in type PaletteFactory error message.
Although there are no restrictions on creating multiple parent-child relationship between a
<<PaletteDrawer>> and a
<<PaletteCreationToolEntry>>, it is not recommended to have one child related to multiple parents.
By design, one palette entry is expected to be associated with only one parent container, either a palette drawer or a palette stack.
Resolving the problem
Delete the duplicate methods in the resulting code and save the changes.
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software||Plug-ins||Windows||8.5.1|