Where is the information about the replacement of the Common Component Layer with the Graphical Data Mapper (GDM) for IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software 8.5?
The IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software 8.5 Information Center does not contain information about the replacement of the Common Component Layer with the Graphical Data Mapper (GDM). The IBM Graphical Data Mapper is an internal component shipped by multiple IBM products. The GDM is part of the XML tools provided with the IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software.
The new Graphical Data Mapper provides the following features:
- Powerful graphical mapping capability.
- Support for built-in XPath 1.0 and 2.0 constructs.
- Support for XSLT 1, XSLT 2, and XQuery standards.
- Ability to map to and from database mapping sources.
- Support for auto-mapping of similar fields.
- Support for quick search of data structures and mappings.
- Support for reusable submaps and local maps.
- Smart data-type conversions and direct casting.
- Support for "if/elseif/else" conditions.
- Support for Nillable and Empty elements.
- Interoperability with user-defined Java transformation code.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.