Importing a System Architect model results in lost associations on diagrams
If you import an IBM Rational System Architect model into IBM Rational Software Architect, the associations on the class diagrams will be missing.
The following steps reproduce the problem:
- Open Rational System Architect
- Create a model with two classes connected by an association
- Drag the classes and the association onto a class diagram
- Export the model to a XML file. Be sure to select System Architect - Export XML: Selected objects only in the export wizard
- Open Rational Software Architect and import the model from the File > Import... > Rational System Architect > Import data from IBM Rational System Architect menu
- Open the class diagram in the resulting Rational Software Architect model
Expected Result: The association connects the two classes.
Actual Result: The classes are present on the diagram, but the association is not. The association can be found in the Project Explorer, but, if you validate the association, the
IRJA0131W Property "memberEnd" of "<Association> ..." has 0 value(s); requires between 2 and (unlimited)"warning message appears.
The export from Rational System Architect was performed with the System Architect - Export XML: Selected objects only option selected.
Resolving the problem
Export the Rational System Architect model with the System Architect - Export XML: Diagrams and child diagrams option, instead of the System Architect - Export XML: Selected objects only option, and then import this model into Rational Software Architect.
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software||Modeling||Windows||8.5.1|
More support for:
Rational Software Architect
Software version: 8.5.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1626615
Modified date: 16 April 2013
Translate this page: