It is not possible to take a Data Verification Point/Data Drive on Spark Combobox and Spark Dropdown List controls in Rational Functional Tester.
Due to a limitation in the Adobe Flex software development kit (SDK), the items can be fetched only if the drop-down remains open.
Resolving the problem
Taking a Data Drive on Spark Combobox / Spark DropDown List is not supported at present.
To take Data Verification Points for a Spark Combobox or Spark DropDown List, use the Time Delayed Selection. Complete these steps:
- Select the control for which you want to take a Data Verification Point, and open the Verification Point and Action Wizard.
- Select Time Delayed Selection from the Selection Method list.
- Set the Seconds before selection value. The default value its 10.
- Click the Object Finder icon.
- Open the drop-down and move the mouse to hover over the Spark Combobox/DropDownList control, and not the Combobox/DropDownList items, as shown in the following figures:
- After the time set in the Seconds before selection, the All Items verification point is captured for the control.