Rational Functional Tester - It is not possible to take a Data Verification Point/Data Drive on Adobe Flex controls such as Spark Combobox and Spark Dropdown List controls.
It is not possible to take a Data Verification Point/Data Drive on Spark Combobox and Spark Dropdown List controls in Rational Functional Tester.
Due to a limitation in the Adobe Flex software development kit (SDK), the items can be fetched only if the drop-down remains open.
Resolving the problem
Taking a Data Drive on Spark Combobox / Spark DropDown List is not supported at present.
To take Data Verification Points for a Spark Combobox or Spark DropDown List, use the Time Delayed Selection. Complete these steps:
- Select the control for which you want to take a Data Verification Point, and open the Verification Point and Action Wizard.
- Select Time Delayed Selection from the Selection Method list.
- Set the Seconds before selection value. The default value its 10.
- Click the Object Finder icon.
- Open the drop-down and move the mouse to hover over the Spark Combobox/DropDownList control, and not the Combobox/DropDownList items, as shown in the following figures:
- After the time set in the Seconds before selection, the All Items verification point is captured for the control.
More support for:
Rational Functional Tester
Record / Author tests
Software version: 8.2, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 8.2.1, 126.96.36.199, 8.2.2, 188.8.131.52, 8.3, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1626527
Modified date: 06 March 2013
Translate this page: