Mobile Change Work Log Default
Can I change the default type when entering a new work log?
After changing the Work Log default to WORK in core maximo, maximo mobile will not default to that value
To change the worklog type to WORK use the following steps:
1. Go to Database Configuration application, bring up object WORKLOG
2. Click Attributes tab and expand the row for attribute LOGTYPE.
3. Replace CLIENTNOTE with WORK
4. Save, then click on the List tab. Notice the status of object WORKLOG is now To Be Changed.
5. Select Action | Manage Admin Mode. Turn Admin Mode ON. Once Admin Mode is ON, Apply Configuration Changes.
6. Go to Work Order Tracking application, bring up a workorder or create a new one, click on Log tab and the New Row ---> notice that the Type is WORK but default.
7. From mobile work manager open a work order
8. Enter a new Work Log, Mobile does not use WORK as specified in DB config After making the change I did run imprtall and packagemobile
Resolving the problem
In Maximo core you have a method on the MBO class to get the default value of any one attribute but in mobile this method does not exist.We can get the name, description, domain etc but not the Default value, This is a limitation in the mobile framework that prevents changing the default value
More support for:
Maximo Mobile Suite
Software version: 7.1.1, 7.5
Operating system(s): Android, Windows, Windows Mobile
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1626138
Modified date: 19 January 2015
Translate this page: