What is the meaning of the different IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) file extensions?
An IBM Rational Performance Tester project contains files with unfamiliar extensions.
The following overview provides a non-exhaustive list of the Rational Performance Tester files.
- *.properties: Java (Properties File) by Sun. This association is classified as text.
- *.recsession: File containing the contents of a recording session or to regenerate tests.
- *.recdata: Data of a test recording.
- *.testsuite: File contains a collection of test cases that are grouped for test execution purposes.
- *.trcmxmi: Statistics file.
- *.trcnxmi: Statistics file.
- *.trcpxmi: Statistics file.
- *.trcadlr: Statistics file.
- *.executiondlr: RPT Protocol Data incorrect when more than 2 GB of Test Log data (.executiondlr)
- *.view: File holding report metadata with another Eclipse user.
- *.xml: eXtended Markup Language. It was designed to transport and store data.
- *.log: Log file (no help on this file extension).
- *.lck: Lock file (no help on this file extension).
- *.snap: Eclipse snapshot file.
- *.index: Eclipse index file.
- *.dat: Eclipse data file.
- *.version: Eclipse version file.
- *.resources: Eclipse resources file.
- *.prefs: Eclipse prefs files and execution results prefs files.
- *.launch: File holding a Java launch configuration.
- *.references-xx: Files holding references to previous HTTP requests (?)
- *.txt (savedIndexNames.txt and javaLikeNames.txt): Files containing searches for in the Workbench.
- *.lazy: Files holding program and/or file references with regard to performance
- *.fileTableLock: System file for permissions,
- *.target: Target definition files should be edited using the target definition editor provided by PDE.
The file format is not API and subject to change between releases.
- *.cmd: Command file.
- *.jar: Java archive. JAR stands for Java ARchive, the default standard data compression and archive format or files based on the Java programming language.
- *.testdata: Equivalent to datapool, only for large amounts of test data same functionality as in datapools contained values.
- *.project: XML file describing the project.
- *.testlog: With the release of Rational Performance Tester 8.1.1 users now have the ability to export the Test Log Report to a text file to view outside of the tool. You can export the complete Test Log or specific elements of the log.
- *.classpath: XML file describing location of Java class files.
- *.java: Java source code file.
- *.class: Compiled .Java file created by the Java compiler; contains byte code, which is binary program code that is executable when run by a Java Virtual Machine (JVM); commonly bundled in to .JAR files, which are included in the $CLASSPATH environment variable for execution.
- *.mf: Java Manifest File. Contains information about file packages in a Java archive (.JAR file); includes metadata about the archive such as what files it contains and what they are used for; included within the JAR file itself.
- *.location: The project IP address and/or DNS server name is stored in this file.