VMMSYNC Group Synchronization fails with null Error count = 1
Group synchronization fails with [ERROR] The VMM group synchronization failed. null Error count = 1
Groups cannot be brought into Maximo from the Virtual Member Manager
Diagnosing the problem
To diagnose null errors with VMM sync it is best to setup trace logging on WebSphere using the following steps.
1) Log into the WebSphere Console - > Choose Logs and Trace
2) Click on your server name - > Choose Change Log Detail Levels
3) Enter the following into the description box.
4) Apply and Save then Restart the Application Server.
You will now have a trace log writing to your servers logs folder, open the trace log and you may see the following error causing null to being returned by the repository to Maximo.
com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.PropertyNotDefinedException: CWWIM4516E The 'uid' property is not defined for the '[Group]' entity type.
Resolving the problem
As stated in the error UID is not part of the Group entity in the VMM. You can fix this by setting the "Group Search Attribute" to CN on the VMMSYNC crontask.
1) Log in to Maximo from the Go To menu choose Platform Configuration - > System Configuration and choose Crontask Setup
2) Filter for the VMMSYNC Crontask
3) In the group search attribute change the value from UID to CN
4) Save the record and reload the request.
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database||7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.2, 7.2.1, 7.2.2|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Asset Management for IT||7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.2, 7.2.1, 7.2.2|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Service Request Manager||7.1, 7.1.2, 7.2, 7.2.1|
|Systems and Asset Management||Control Desk||7.5|
Translate this page: