IBM WebSphere Real Time Version 3 service refresh 4
IBM WebSphere Real Time V3 service refresh 4 is now available from developerWorks.
Service refresh 4 is now available for the following IBM WebSphere Real Time products:
- IBM WebSphere Real Time V3 for AIX
- IBM WebSphere Real Time V3 for Linux
- IBM WebSphere Real Time V3 for Real Time Linux
Note: In high workload conditions, an intermittent problem is observed when running applications under IBM WebSphere Real Time V3 for Real Time Linux on MRG 2.2. For more information, see Application issue with WebSphere Real Time V3 and Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.2.
Service refresh 4 also includes the following IBM SDK for Java V7, service refresh 4 core updates:
- Use of large pages by default on Linux x-86 platforms (see note)
- Support for dynamic machine configuration changes
- Support for setting the JIT code cache page size on AIX and Linux operating systems
- Optimizations for applications that use extensive deserialization
- Optimizations for 64-bit applications
- Disabling hardware prefetch by default
- Checks on dump options and limits at JVM startup
- New unlimited security jurisdiction policy files
- Use of Oracle java.util.* packages for consistency
- Updated Health Center agent
Note: The use of large pages by default is not enabled on WebSphere Real Time for Real Time Linux, V3 service refresh 4. Use of large pages by default applies only to WebSphere Real Time for Linux, V3 service refresh 4.
For more information about these updates, see the newsflash for IBM SDK for Java 7 service refresh 4.
For service refresh downloads, visit developerWorks: IBM developer kits.
Translate this page: