MustGather - WDI z/OS Batch (JCL) processing
Collect troubleshooting data for problems with IBM WebSphere Data Interchange. Gathering this information before calling IBM support will help familiarize you with the troubleshooting process and save you time
Resolving the problem
This document is for collecting troubleshooting data specifically for when WebSphere Data Interchange server running on z/OS does not complete successfully or produces unexpected results.
z/OS Batch Job processing via WDI program EDIFFUT
The WDI utility program (EDIFFUT) can be executed via a batch job either alone or as part of a job involving other back-end application programs. If running WDI via JCL, please gather the required information:
1) Job Control Language (JCL) being submitted. EDIFFUT may be invoked either directly via the EXEC statement or under a TSO/E background terminal monitor program (TMP) using DSN command processor for DB2, which may be one of the following: IKJEFT01, IKJEFT1A, or IKJEFT1B. For example:
Invoking EDIFFUT directly:
//XDIUTIL EXEC PGM=EDIFFUT,
// PARM='LANGID=ENU APPLID=EDIFFS PLAN=EDIENU33 SYSTEM=DSN'
Or, via TSO/E background terminal monitor program IKJEFT01:
//XDIUTIL EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,DYNAMNBR=50
//SYSTSIN DD *
DSN SYSTEM (DSN)
RUN PROG (EDIFFUT) -
PLAN (EDIENU33) -
PARM('LANGID=ENU SYSID=DIENU APPLID=EDIFFS PLAN=EDIENU33 SYSTEM=DSN')
2) JES joblog. Save the complete joblog to a dataset, such as via System Display and Search Facility (SDSF). From the Held output display, beside the JOBNAME, issue the XDC command to invoke "SDSF Open Print Data Set" panel. Save the joblog to a dataset.
3) If the job is encountering an ABEND (abnormal end), then obtain a dump of the ABEND as described here.
Note that how an ABEND condition is surfaced will depend on how WDI was invoked in the JCL. If a system abend S0C4 occurs, for example, and you are invoking WDI directly via EXEC PGM=EDIFFUT, the job step completion code would be S0C4. However, if running WDI under TSO/E background program EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01, the job step completion code would be 12. And the ABEND code would be reported within dd SYSTSPRT, which would contain message: IKJ56641I SYSTEM ABEND CODE 0C4. In either case, perform the following to gather the dump dataset(s).
SVC dump format is preferred. See Obtaining SVC dumps in Chapter 2 for details. If you are unable to capture an SVCDUMP of the ABEND, then obtain a CEEDUMP and SYSUDUMP by adding the following statements to your JCL:
//CEEOPTS DD *
//CEEDUMP DD DSN=userid.CEEDUMP,
//SYSUDUMP DD DSN=userid.SYSUDUMP,
//SYSOUT DD SYSOUT=*
- WDI z/OS runs under Language Environment (LE). Language Environment Runtime normally only generates a CEEDUMP, unless told to do otherwise using the TERMTHDACT sub-option UAIMM or sub-option UADUMP. Hence, the need for adding dd CEEOPTS to the JCL as shown above. For reference, see Language Environment Run-time options.
- Setting the above UADUMP option will generate informational message upon ABEND U4039: IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT USER COMPLETION CODE=4039.
- dd SYSOUT is needed for LE reporting options.
- In some cases, as in a handled "Signal 11" condition, a SYSUDUMP will not be generated, nor will ABEND U4039 be reported. In this case, provide only the CEEDUMP.
4) Since Data Transformation or Translation is typically involved, include an export of the associated map as described under MustGather - WDI Mapping.
5) If using WebSphere MQ for either input or output, please also "Export to file" the following WDI artifacts specific to your WMQ usage:
- MCD profiles, if applicable
- Mailbox profiles
- Network Profiles
- Queue profiles
Submitting information to IBM Support
After a PMR is open, you can submit diagnostic MustGather data to IBM. If using Service Request (SR), update the PMR to indicate that data has been sent.
MustGather - WDI Mapping
MustGather - WDI Client database errors
MustGather - WDI MultiPlatform (AIX or Windows) processing
MustGather - WDI CICS processing
Exchanging information with IBM Technical Support
Featured documents for WebSphere Data Interchange
More support for:
WebSphere Data Interchange
WDI 3.3 z/OS
Software version: 3.3
Operating system(s): z/OS
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1624744
Modified date: 2013-10-28