You migrate your WebSphere Commerce V7.0 system, with Social Commerce enabled, from one WebSphere Commerce V7.0 Feature Pack to a later WebSphere Commerce V7.0 Feature Pack. After migrating, you update Social Commerce to the later Feature Pack level. You subsequently attempt to disable the Social Commerce feature, but you are unable to disable it.
An error occurs after you complete the following steps:
- Install WebSphere Commerce V7.0
- Install a WebSphere Commerce V7.0 Feature Pack
- Enable the social-commerce feature
- Install a newer WebSphere Commerce V7.0 Feature Pack
- Enable the social-commerce feature again, to migrate it to the newer Feature Pack level
- Attempt to disable social-commerce
When you attempt to disable Social Commerce in such a scenario, you receive an error message similar to the following message in your disablement log file.
C:\IBM\WCDE_E~1\components\common\xml\disableFeatureForToolkit.xml:59: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\IBM\WCDE_E~1\components\common\xml\disableFeatureForToolkit.xml:120: The store-enhancements feature must be at 184.108.40.206 level in order to be disabled. Your database is now at N/A and the EAR is at 220.127.116.11.
The version numbers in the error message differ depending on which WebSphere Commerce Feature Pack you were using before migration and which Feature Pack you are using after migration. The example message shows the disablement log on a WebSphere Commerce V7.0 Developer system where social-commerce was initially enabled at the Feature Pack 4 (Feature Pack 4, or 18.104.22.168) version and later updated to the Feature Pack 5 (Feature Pack 5, or 22.214.171.124) version.
The WebSphere Commerce V7.0 feature "social-commerce" depends on the WebSphere Commerce V7.0 features "store-enhancements", "management-center", and "foundation", among others. When you migrated from a lower WebSphere Commerce V7.0 Feature Pack level to the higher Feature Pack level, these three features needed to be updated or migrated to the later level, but they were not. The subsequent attempt to disable the features is blocked because the feature is at a level lower than the currently-installed Feature Pack.
In the above example, the WebSphere Commerce V7.0 Developer system has Feature Pack 5 installed, but the store-enhancement feature is at the Feature Pack 4 level. The disablement scripts will not attempt to disable a feature that is at a lower level, because there is not sufficient information in the newer Feature Pack to properly disable features from earlier Feature Packs.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the problem:
- Enable the feature "store-enhancements". The features "store-enhancements", "management-center", and "foundation" will also be updated to the installed Feature Pack version.
- After the features are updated to the installed Feature Pack version, they can be disabled. Proceed to disable all the features, including social-commerce.