'IllegalArgumentException: _in predicate value array is empty' error when loading My Work view
Attempts to open 'My Work' view results in an internal error when using IBM Rational Team Concert Eclipse client
In the Eclipse client 'My Work' view, the following error is shown:
An internal error occurred during: "Load My Work".
The following error displays in the 'Error log' view in the Eclipse client and can also be found in the .log file in the Eclipse workspace
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: _in predicate value array is empty
One or more of the work items in 'My Work' view are in a workflow state which does not have an OSLC state group defined.
The screenshot below shows workflow state configurations which can potentially cause the problem. In this case, the 'Group' value of the 'New' state is not defined.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the problem, ensure that all states of all the workflows in the project area are assigned a state group.
Steps to resolve the problem:
- In the Eclipse client, right click on the project and select 'Open'.
- On the Process Configuration tab, navigate to Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Workflows
- Select a workflow in the 'Select the workflow to edit' dropdown box.
- In the State Groups section, ensure you have 'Open', 'In Progress', and 'Closed' categories.
- In the States section, ensure all workflow states have a valid state group defined.
- Save change to the project.
- Refresh the project in the Eclipse client.
The 'My Work' view opens successfully without any errors.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.