Attempts to define macros in requirements results in non expansion of macros in generated code in IBM Rational Rhapsody
Steps to reproduce:
- Launch Rational Rhapsody
- Add 2 Packages viz., Requirements and Design
- In Requirements package add some requirements viz., Req1
- In Design package add a class viz., Class1
- Add a constructor (under Class1) containing requirement viz.,Req2 and having a dependency to Req1
- In the Rational Rhapsody model create a Macro with a value using the property CPP_CG::Requirement::Macro_Name
(Note: This property has to be defined in the Rhapsody property file - site.prp)
- Set CG::Configuration::IncludeRequirementsAsComments property as Always in the property of the package
- Use the macro in the description template of the Requirement
- Generate code for Class1 and verify in Class1.cpp that the macros do not get expanded. It merely appears as plain text.
This issue was identified as a product defect and logged under APAR PM80547.
System-Service-Pack=Service Pack 3
Resolving the problem
No known workaround.