Start RZ agent will change the permission of /dev/null from 666 to 660.
The RZ was installed by root user and the permission of /dev/null was 666. When start RZ agent with root, the permission of /dev/null will be changed to 660.
Oracle API will change the permission of /dev/null if agent was started by root.
Tivoli Monitoring Agent for Oracle Database Extended li6263 Version: 06.31.01.00
Resolving the problem
Re-install/configure/start RZ agent with "oracle" user.
1. Create an install directory for RZ agent, such as "/opt/oracle_agent/".
2. Change owner of the install directory as below:
chown -R oracle:dba /opt/oracle_agent/
3. Install RZ agent with oracle user in "/opt/oracle_agent/"
4. Configure RZ agent with "oracle" user.
5. Start RZ agent with "oracle" user.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.